Saturday, September 6, 2008

One Week and Counting

This time next week, I'll be somewhere between Redmond and Acapulco. It hardly seems possible that it's so close. I still have a bunch of stuff to buy and lots of i's to dot and t's to cross before I leave. Luckily I have a week left before I enter the planet Bikram. Last night I talked to one of our guides on the phone, Will, and he said he had a virus that's kept him sick for two weeks. OK, he put the bug in my brain and after I hung up, I started feeling tired. Psychosomatic?? Hmmm, yes probably.....well, no doubt. I was planning to meet Colette, Tyler and Kathy to go climbing today, but I had to cancel because I woke up this morning still feeling tired. Now I feel better and I'm thinking that I should stop thinking about the possibility of being sick because I might make it become a reality if I continue to focus on it.
At any rate, I polished off Tree Pose, Toe Stand and Wind Removing Pose today. So the day wasn't a loss after all. My goal was to memorize the standing postures by training time and I'm one posture ahead of that goal.
John got back yesterday and it's soooo good to have him here. He was in a "honey do" mood today and did lots of repairs around the house. I love it when he gets like this and believe me, it's not something that happens often. Tomorrow I HAVE to wake up feeling good........no options. I want to go climbing with John at least once more before training.
Michael, my studio owner, told me to take it easy with classes this last week. He suggested that I come Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
I think I'll do my good ol' tested, tried and true "NyQuil Cure" tonight. I take a dose of NyQuil and sleep for 12 hours or so and wake up feeling good as new. That's it. Yep, I'm gonna give it a try.

No comments: