Sunday, October 12, 2008

Beautiful Sunday




Here is Lucky #13, our group! That's me top center in the red shirt with my arms flying,
in case you can't tell. It's a little fuzzy.

Sundays are definitely my favorite days. Hands down. I slept 11 hours and woke up at 10:45 AM! Body talking to me. I felt like a million bucks and went down to brunch. I met up with Denise from New York and Walter from B.C. They are favorites. We had a terrific breakfast and then I went for my massage and pedicure. OOOOOOOOhhh boy the massage was expensive but I think I would have given my last dime for the hour with Victor. He was so strong, and he DUG DEEP!!!!! I was a pile of mush when I walked out of that room. The pedicure is essential here because in so many of the postures, for example Padahastasana, Hands to Feet pose, you are staring at your toes. If they're grungy it's not such a good experience. Now I can bend over and admire them with my "smiling happy face" (A Bikramism).

Later I went out to the pool with Sheila and we practiced Triangle til we dropped. I have it really solid in my hard drive now, so I feel pretty good about it. It is one of those postures that hurts like hell if the teacher keeps you in it too long and the dialogue is like a novel. It goes on forever so you have to talk really fast. Some of these New Yorkers are going to rock this one! My southern roots mean that I talk a bit slower, so I have to put it in overdrive.

How great to get a comment from Kimberly, my very first Bikram yoga teacher and still in my "top 3 teachers" list. She's so strong but, at the same time, one of the most compassionate teachers I've had. She's the one I have to thank for introducing me to this practice. I was only 6 weeks out from bi-lateral knee surgery when I took her class and she was so patient with me, helping me get through Fixed Firm, a posture that it murder on the knees at first but really, really good for them. Thanks Kimberly!

I suppose I'll try to go to sleep around 8:30 or 9:00 cause starting tomorrow sleep is going to be hard to come by. Oh, and sorry for the lack of pictures. I just haven't been taking them. No excuses. Jennifer took these two and emailed them to all of us. I promise I'll try to get around to taking some shots. Meanwhile, good night all!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Ninna told me about the SBD - I am still wheezing!!!!!!

Betty said...

Hi Carol,
Great pics!
After practice today; Gayle and I were saying that we can't wait for you to start teaching. And wherever that may be; we'll fly there to take a class from you...(or at least carpool.)
Hang in there! We're both in awe of you.
Always,
Betty