Sunday, October 26, 2008

Where Did Sunday Go??

Suddenly it's Sunday evening and I don't understand where the day went. I went down to brunch this morning and the Veranda was closed. To catch you up, we have a brunch buffet every day in the Chula Vista restaurant. By Friday we are sick of the food there so it's nice to have the Veranda available on weekends. It's similar but has slightly different food and linen tablecloths. Well, this morning the Veranda was closed. Big bummer! I went to the Chula Vista, met up with Clemma, my new friend, and proceeded to go through the buffet line filling my plate with lunch stuff, since they didn't have pancakes and smoked salmon, my favorite weekend meal at the Veranda. I sat down, took a bite and couldn't deal. I'm not so good at eating real food for breakfast. It usually has to be specifically breakfast food for me. I dumped the plate, went back and got some fruit, yogurt and some bread. Better than nothing. This food thing is a real issue here.
Last night's party was good. The food was great and it was a beautiful evening on the beach. There were fireworks and marshmallows being toasted over a hug bonfire. Clemma and I left around 9:00. When I came back to the room, Sheila wasn't there. I went to bed assuming that she was out for a walk. As time passed and I was nodding off, I had this realization that she might be in the infirmary since she was complaining about stomach pains earlier. I got dressed and walked down to there and there she was. She was lying there on the exam table all curled up and looking miserable. She seemed to be in good hands so I went back to bed. I heard her come in, very vaguely, around midnight and when I woke up this morning, she was gone again.
I went down to the infirmary again and she was hooked up to an IV. Poor kid, she has been through hell with her stomach. Rusto, her boyfriend, showed up around noon and I had to take him in to see her. He took care of her the rest of the day.
I met Clemma on the beach around 1:00 PM and we studied on the beach and learned most of Head to Knee with Stretching post. It is a really tough one. Later, I came back to the room and hammered out Half Tortoise and got Camel fairly well in the old bean. That means, I only have Rabbit and Final Spinal to do. I feel good about what I got done, but I wish I had done more because I have a feeling we are going to finish up with dialogue this week. Five hours of studying is as much as I think I have in me today.
I found out that Bikram isn't coming back until the Monday after Halloween. That is good news. It means we get sleep this week.
OK, I'm going to start a continuing list of things that I love and things that I don't:
Loves:
Sheila
A handful of new friends that have become really close: Clemma, Dawn, Vickie and Carolyn come to mind first
Doing the yoga
Being in Acapulco when it's colder than hell in Bend
Trying to speak Spanish
Learning the reality of the mind-body connection ~ first hand experience
Doing the yoga
Meeting people from all over the world who become instant family
Putting myself "out there" and dealing with the consequences ~ some good, some bad
Doing the yoga
Going to new places in my postures
The "good guy" posture clinic instructors

Don't loves:
The humidity
The food
This damned hotel, with its damned Mariachi band
The lack of internet in my room
The lack of phone communication, other than the half-assed Skype
The "bad guy" posture clinic instructors
Missing friends and family

I might continue this since it lets me get everything out, good and bad. As long as the good outweighs the bad, I guess I'm still OK!
Love to all and I'll let you know on Saturday how this week goes. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Rolling that the Mariachi band made the "don't like" list!!

Sandra said...

I'm at Ninna's this weekend - we won't talk about your bangs. Pictures to follow.

Unknown said...

Hi Carol, I've just returned from my trip and caught up on your blog. Sounds like everything is just as it's suppose to be. I hear that this is the last training they will hold in Mexico, new location is Palm Springs for '09. You can always say you survived in the room with no O2 with the humidity and bad food! Looking forward to doing yoga tomorrow and with you soon. Best wishes, Christen